Random Musings by Frodosco

Waiting On Wednesday #3

“Waiting On” Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by the fantastic people over at Breaking The Spine that highlights upcoming releases that we are excited about.

For this week my pre-publication selection that I can’t wait for is:

The Racketeer by John Grisham

Set For Release On: October 23rd, 2012

Summary From John Grisham’s Website:

Given the importance of what they do, and the controversies that often surround them, and the violent people they sometimes confront, it is remarkable that in the history of this country only four active federal judges have been murdered.

Judge Raymond Fogletree just became number five.

His body was found in the basement of a lakeside cabin he had built himself and frequently used on weekends. When he did not show up for a trial on Monday morning, his law clerks panicked, called the FBI, and in due course the agents found the crime scene. There was no forced entry, no struggle, just two dead bodies—Judge Fogletree and his young secretary.

I did not know Judge Fogletree, but I know who killed him, and why.

I am a lawyer, and I am in prison.

It’s a long story.

John Grisham has been one of my favorite writers for years now and I can’t wait to read his next book The Racketeer! I’m so happy that I don’t have to wait much longer (it comes out next week, squee!) to dive into it. The summary sounds pretty good don’t you think? I think Grisham is an author that you have to experience if you haven’t already, so many of his books are must reads!

Thank you for stopping by! Feel free to leave a comment on what you think about The Racketeer, John Grisham, or your own Waiting On Wednesday post! ^.^

About these ads

115 responses

1. It’s been quite a long time since I read a JG novel (I think my freshman year in high school), so I definitely need to go pick up one or two. Great pick!

October 18, 2012 at 2:28 pm

2. Oh wow, this looks awesome! May have to add it to my TBR list. ^.^
    Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog and for joining it. :)

Tiffa @ The British Book Nerd

October 18, 2012 at 2:51 pm

3. Nice pick. Thanks for sharing, and for stopping by.

October 18, 2012 at 5:31 pm

4. I saw this one in Goodreads this week! Love his books, so I’ll be picking this one up :) Great pick!

Thanks for stopping by!

October 18, 2012 at 6:24 pm

5. o0o John Grisham. I don’t think I’ve read many of his books. I hope you get this one soon!!

Shaheen @ Speculating on SpecFic
    Check out what I’m waiting on!

October 18, 2012 at 7:38 pm

6. Can you believe I’ve never picked up a book by John Grisham? I really should because he has to be popular for a reason. Nice that you don’t have too long to wait for this one. Great pick and thanks for stopping by The Readers Den. :)

October 18, 2012 at 7:47 pm

7. This one sounds really interesting! I love the cover of this book. I can’t say that I’ve read any of John Grisham’s books, but I enjoyed The Firm movie a lot. Hope you enjoy this book! Thank you for stopping by my blog :).

October 18, 2012 at 10:17 pm

8. Well, I’m sorry I didin’t comment back right away, but I finally made it!
    I’ve never read any of Grisham’s books, but I might definitely start with this one! I’ve heard so much about him, I’ll just have to see for myself! Thanks for sharing!! : )

October 20, 2012 at 8:26 pm

9. Seems like an interesting book :D Not sure if it would be for me, but it does sound good :) Hope you’ll enjoy it. <3
    Thank you for commenting on my WoW. <3
    Love, Carina @ Carina’s Books

October 22, 2012 at 7:54 am

10. Grisham is one of the best thrillerauthor out there!
    Waiting for this one a long long time :)

Greets from Seraph

October 22, 2012 at 9:45 am

11. I hadn’t seen this one before but I saw it now and I like it. It sounds interesting! I might add it on my to-read list but first I want some reviews.. Great pick, though. Thank you for visiting my last week’s WOW and I’m sorry it took me so long to visit back!

October 24, 2012 at 2:22 am

12. I’m sort of ashamed to admit that I have yet to read a John Grisham novel. I should rectify that soon. I don’t know why I haven’t either since they always appeal to me.
    Thanks so much for passing by my post and sorry for the late response!

November 18, 2012 at 11:05 am

You want to leave a comment? Awesome! I read every one! ^.^

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 155 other followers